Below are a selection of HowTo Guides and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) to help explain commonly encountered queries about using this site.
- Filter content on the Home page:
The first time you visit the Home page you will see recent activity from the latest social media accounts that have been added to this site based on your geographical location (i.e. Country + State / Region) based on your current Internet access point. The content displayed will be for all categories.
These defaults can be modified by clicking the ‘filter’ link on the right of the page and the ‘Filter criteria’ popup will be shown. Using this form you can adjust the following settings and then Apply the filter to refresh the Home page content:
- Category – up to 4 levels e.g. Sports > Baseball > MLB.
- Country – e.g. Germany, United States.
- State (USA only) – e.g. California, Pennsylvania.
- Region (non USA) – this is typically a County or Province e.g. Essex (for UK), Ontario (for Canada).
- Save Filter – if ticked then these settings will be remembered by your web browser for the next time you visit this site.
- Navigating categories:
In order to easily navigate through the categories there is a collapsible tree on the left of the site (for PC’s) or at the bottom of the site (for mobile devices). The navigation tree features:
- Expandable categories – child categories can be displayed by clicking on the ‘+’ icon.
- Collapsible categories – child categories can be hidden by clicking on the ‘-‘ icon.
- Number of items – the number of items contained within a category and its children is displayed within brackets to the right of the category name e.g. Sports (28).
- Expand all categories – this can be done by clicking on the ‘open all’ link.
- Collapse all categories – this can be done for all but the top-level by clicking on the ‘close all’ link.
- Browsing categories:
An alternative to using the Navigation Tree above to view the different category levels is the Browse Categories screen which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Browse‘ link in the main menu. Whilst the Navigation Tree displays all categories including those that are empty, this page only displays categories that contain items.
Each category has the the number of items contained within it and its children displayed within brackets to the right of the category name e.g. Sports (28).
- Reporting listing errors:
If you encounter any data errors on the listing pages such as the incorrect social media accounts being associated with an item (e.g. the wrong Facebook account for a Company) then these can be reported by clicking on the ‘report’ link and completing the popup form. Please complete all mandatory field marked with a ‘*’ before clicking ‘Send’.
- Reporting inappropriate content:
If you encounter any inappropriate content on the listing pages such as adult images then these can be reported by clicking on the ‘report’ link and completing the popup form. Please complete all mandatory field marked with a ‘*’ before clicking ‘Send’.
- Reporting site problems:
If you encounter any problems whilst using this site such as unexpected errors then these can be reported by clicking on the Contact Us link in the main menu and completing the form.
- Adding a new listing:
- Coming soon
- Updating an existing listing:
- Coming soon
- Removing an existing listing:
- Coming soon
- Changing the category for a listing:
- Coming soon
Frequently Asked Questions
- What order are posts displayed on pages?
Posts from different social media sources (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) are sorted by date published whereby the latest posts are displayed first.
- Which social media networks are supported?
Currently Facebook and Twitter are supported with more being added soon.
- Why should users login to social media networks?
Some Facebook pages and Twitter accounts have restricted content which will not be displayed unless you are logged into those respective social media networks.
Note: login is required via the WOTvine ‘login’ buttons i.e. being logged into the respective social media network within the same browser is not sufficient.
- Why are some posts not displayed yet they can be seen if I visit that account on the relevant social media site?
Most posts are displayed but the mechanism by which WOTvine accesses this information may not have all the latest posts and older posts may not be made available to us. In some instances the social media accounts might also have protected content.